Saturday, January 13, 2018

Hair Taping

In my lengthy coif quest, I was introduced to hair taping.  It makes sense that to have a coif fit and look correct, you need to have the right foundation.  So, here's my attempt at hair taping.

I started with long hair and a 4yd cotton tape from The Tudor Tailor.  You can do hair taping with shorter hair, but I'd been growing mine for a while, so it seemed and good time to try the taping.


I braided my hair into two braids starting behind each ear.  I used modern hair bands to hold the braids because I wasn't sure the taping I was using was long enough for me to use it to tie the braid ends.

Then I wrapped the braids around the back of my head and basically sewed / wrapped them onto my head.

I should have taken the extra ends and wrapped them back around my head, tucking / sewing in the loose ends, but I wasn't that smart.

All in all, it stayed quite well and make a good foundation for all the coif sizing I did next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Buttons

 After teaching at the recent Jamestown Clothing Conference, someone asked me for pictures of my buttons.  I've posted about the researc...