Friday, June 17, 2022

Jamestown Clothing Conference

We made it.  After Covid delays, the Jamestown Clothing Conference was back.  Chris was able to attend this year (due to my awesome sister watching the kids for the weekend!), and I was a presenter.  It was amazing to be back and to be a part of it, even if there were a handful Covid cases announced in the days after.




The hubs and I attended the natural dyeing workshop and jack of plate workshop at the beginning of the conference, and I got to tag along to the hat making workshop as well!  It was full weekend, especially considering it feels like I've forgotten how to 'people' after the last few years.

I don't know that I have any major epiphanies to share this time around, but I was rather focused on the button workshop I taught (4 times over 2 days).

This conference will always be a special place for me.  It helped me re-find my passion for historical clothing.  I'm so glad we were able to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Buttons

 After teaching at the recent Jamestown Clothing Conference, someone asked me for pictures of my buttons.  I've posted about the researc...